Hi Shad,

Won't it suffice to remove this line? (and turn infowindow into a local
variable)

if (infowindow) infowindow.close();

... unless you want _up to two_ open at the same time - as opposed to an
unlimited number of InfoWindows open at the same time?

BTW - from a user perspective, having multiple InfoWindows open at once is
usually not very helpful (often, they will overlap, right?) and creates
visual clutter as well as requiring a click of the 'X' to close it.

Cheers
Chris