Hiya!

You are talking about 'Once we are in full production'. Sounds to me
as if you are planning/going to make a business out of your app?! So
you already should think about using the Premier - don't you?
If the v3 geocoder is not appropriate why don't you use the v2
geocoder in conjunction with your API key (for v2)? This should solve
your problems during the non 'full production' phase - later on you
can switch to Premier and v3 geocoder.

And just another point: using the Yahoo geocoder not in conjuntion
with a Yahoo map is a violation of the Yahoo map API Terms of Use!
That's true for all 'free' geocoders I know of - except OpenStreetMaps
geocoder (but this - of course - has its limitations too). (Reverse)
Geocoding does not always come for free! If you want to use it in a
business-like setup - and if you depend on a certain performance - you
will have to spend some money.