Not sure if this is the right place for this but I figured I'd add it in.
Creating a Store Locator with PHP, MySQL & Google Maps
*http://code.google.com/apis/maps/articles/phpsqlsearch_v3.html*<http://code.google.com/apis/maps/articles/phpsqlsearch_v3.html>

locationSelect.innerHTML = "";
     var option = document.createElement("option");
     option.value = "none";
     option.innerHTML = "See all results:";
     locationSelect.appendChild(option);

locationSelect.onchange = function() {
         var markerNum =
locationSelect.options[locationSelect.selectedIndex].value;
         google.maps.event.trigger(markers[markerNum], 'click');
};

This triggers an error in IE.

Should be:

locationSelect.onchange = function() {
         var markerNum =
locationSelect.options[locationSelect.selectedIndex].value;
                if(markerNum == "none"){}else{
                        google.maps.event.trigger(markers[markerNum], 'click');
                }
       };

My Code I made option.value = "none"; to read: option.value = "";  and my
markerNum == ""