Hi,

I have a website called kindlemap.net.

The problem I have is that because the screen update is slow (approx 1
second) on a Kindle 3 what happens is when you use the pan or the zoom
control it is very, very slow. If you have a Kindle 3 you will see what I
mean.

I read about disabling the animation by use of map.setCenter() and I have a
page at www.kindlemap.net/test.htm which works OK for panning. But still the
zoom does the animation which is slow.  It would be nice to be able to just
disable animation on the map with a simple boolean.

As you can see from the test.htm I had to move the controls off the map
to eliminate the pan animate slowness. But the zoom is still a problem.

Any ideas or possibly a change request.

Thanks,
Al