Hello, I have a google map application that is running on Heroku. This
is a very interesting behavior as google maps is basically javascript
so hosting shouldn't be an issue. When I run the code in Localhost:
3000 (ruby app) everything works great. So I did a deployment and it
looked great on every browser including IE7 but IE8 gave me an error.

Here is what happens in the app:

1. Load the page (no errors)
2. Initialize map (no errors)
3. set a ondrag event on the map (no errors)
4. make an ajax call to fetch the locations markers (no errors)
5. set the markers (no errors)

After everything is set and done.then it throws an error saying:

Failed (main.js on Line 29)

the funny thing is that even if I take everything out and let the map
just be by it self no ajax call no marker setting... no nothing.. just
map... it does the same.

I realized later that the map doesn't have any controls so I guess
there is where it fails so I disabled them and NO ERRORS until I make
the ajax call and try to set the markers.

Something is seriously wrong here as it works perfectly on every other
browser including IE7 and it only happens when I'm using it from the
production server.
Any thoughts,