Andri,

Your problem with animated gifs is due to the fact that the original
image is no longer used.
Instead it is "drawn" onto a canvas object - in your case the first
frame of the animated gif.
Should you still need to use an animated gif, you will need to create
your own overlay object which still uses standard html elements.

Simon