Your suspicion was correct, I tried with a full hex color code and the
polylines did show up, but not with the "css compliant" codes,
the "css compliant" color codes have been working the whole time I've been
working on this project. (for about a week now).

My guess is there have been some change in the API affecting the color
codings, the question is if there are other functions also affected by this?