I struggle with getting the map into fullscreen without the
"crome" (adress bar)
(not to be confused with setting the map to 100% height/width)

And in the Safari (5) you push up on the page up and the adressbar
"removes" but as you have a map there it pans the map instead when
googlemaps is in the window:-(

tried
self.moveTo(0, 0); self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,
screen.availHeight);
but it does not work either..

looked at this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-js-api-v3/browse_thread/thread/66a5448cc9dcf49/344428f71158e70c?hl=sv&lnk=gst&q=fullscreen#344428f71158e70c

As the writer initially wanted a fullscreen but seemed to settle for
mapwidth/height =100% but the adressbar remained what I can see

http://forum.lineacomune.it/temp.html

Anybody have any ideas or hacks :-)?