I'm working on trying to put a map inside of a WPF control, without using
Flash.  I have an HTML page which is implementing the Google Maps JS API.
 This HTML page is then being viewed inside of a WebBrowser control from the
WPF library.

When I view the app on a large screen (40" TV), during the zoom operations
the entire browser goes gray while the new tiles load in.  However, if you
visit maps.google.com in a browser, in full screen on the 40" TV, doing a
zoom in will effectively distort the image by scaling it up until the new
tiles load.  This is a much nicer experience compared to getting huge
flickers every time you zoom in or out, and in many cases pan around.

The same thing happens when the app is on my desktop in a much smaller
window.  The tiles are smaller and load faster, so the whole process isn't
quite as noticeable, but it's still happening.

Is the native Google Maps experience something that will make it's way over
to the API?