This is the V3 group, is there any reason why you are using the
deprecated V2 for this? This question would better be asked in the V2
group else people searching in the V3 group find the answers to V2
questions and get confused (sorry to be pedantic!)

- A few points though, you      add your        "map.addControl(new
GLargeMapControl())" twice. The URL issue is probably occuring because
of the format of your KML/XML file, its just a stab but I would look
at that, unfortunately I haven't used V2 for years though so I can't
really remember, sorry.