I am having an issue with the geocoder that I am hoping someone can help me
with.

On my website http://stage.specialsagent.com if you enter Chicago and submit
it will try to geo on "Chicago, IL" notice the space, however if you geo on
"Chicago,IL" (no space) it says that google found zero results. (If you
enter "Chicago, IL",  it strips the space between the comma and the I and
fails.)

If however you change the case to "Chicago,il" it works fine again.  The
reverse happens with "Austin, TX" no space succeeds where a space fails
(entering Austin on the web site will try to submit with the space and
fail.)

Just using the geocoder from a console will also show the error. So its not
the website code. The following was run in Chrome console on the maps demo
page (
http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/draggable-directions/draggable-directions.html
)

var geocoder = new google.maps.Geocoder();
undefined
geocoder.geocode({ 'address': 'Austin, TX', region: 'us' },
function(l,s){console.log(s); console.log(l);});
undefined
ZERO_RESULTS
geocoder.geocode({ 'address': 'Austin,TX', region: 'us' },
function(l,s){console.log(s); console.log(l);});
undefined
OK