As discussed in
http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-js-api-v3/browse_thread/thread/16a7ec0ed7b9298d,
a lat-long box is specifed by it southwest and northeast corners. The
SW corner is the first one, so the western edge of the box is always
given by the first parameter, even when this makes the rectangle
longer than 180 degrees.

For example, if we specify a box from Chicago to New York, we get a
short box, about 13 degrees wide. But if we specify a box from New
York to Chicago, we get an enormous box that begins in New York, runs
east across Europe and Asia and the Pacific Ocean and finally finishes
in Chicago, 167 degrees later.

But what if I say that the southern corner is New York and the
northern corner is, say, Miami? Shouldn't I get a box that runs south
from Miami, crosses the south pole, runs up the other side and over
the north pole and finishes by arriving at New York from the north?
Well, I don't. I get the same box no matter which order I specify them
in.

That is, LatLngBounds seems to be treating the lesser latitude as the
southern one, no matter which parameter it is in. Is this the intended
behavior? Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?