Hi Simon,

Thanks! I was able to reproduce.

It turns out that particular airport is comprised of two geometries - the
runways are a "transit.station.airport", but the general area is a "poi"
(unfortunately the most specific category).

So, to disable the clickable icon, you'd need a style like

{
  featureType: "poi",
  elementType: "labels",
  stylers: [ { visibility: "off" } ]
}

(you could turn all the other poi categories back on, though)

It does seem wrong that there is a geometry (and label) only selectable
under a vague category, I will follow up on this.

Hope this helps,
Chris

--
http://twitter.com/broady