This is because longitudes wrap around at -180 = 180 degrees. Focusing just
on the longitudes:
1 - First you add the point -56
2 - Then you add the point -118. The bounds are now [-118, 56].
3 - Lastly you add the point 126. The smallest bounds containing 126 and the
previous bounds is [126, -56], which crosses 180 as you observe.

Android brevity