Pil,

The cursor change issue seems to be unique to InfoBox -- it doesn't
happen when using google.maps.InfoWindow. Not sure what trick Google
has used to prevent the cursor change, but I'd like to find out!

I can see how your workaround solves the problem as well. But if
you're not dealing with a large number of markers (where speed is
important) setting optimized to false is certainly the easiest
workaround.

Gary