I've recognized the same problem. Either 3.6 is already feature stable
and this information wasn't published, or there's some bug in the
Google loader - or the 3.6 was marked internally as stable and isn't
so... Because if I tell the Google Loader to load version 3, I get
3.6.1.

By the way, I had one problem with 3.6: today I was surprised, that in
IE9 the street names were far too small to read because formerly it
worked well in all browsers. I then started playing around with
perfectly. After that, I was tryting 3.6 a last time - and suddenly it
worked also perfectly. So at the end, I didn't change anything of my
original code. Have anyone of you noticed a similar (strange)
behaviour???