Parsing the KML is to do with trying to hide the data in the KML right? Not
to do with Fusion Tables or only showing certain KML features by attributes.

I am not too worried about hiding the KMLs, if somebody wants to go through
all my cryptic code and find the location and file name of my KMLs and
download them then fair play to them, it won't be so easy and they will not
get the updates automatically, besides the HTML in all of my balloons links
back to my site anyway.

My main issue is whether or not there is a way to display only certain KML
features by attributes, aside from the fusion table method. If i have to go
the Fusion table route then it is an option, as long as there is a way to
write custom HTML balloons into the Fusion table like there is with KMLs.

But thanks for the link on parsing the KML, I will definitely look into that
as an option in the long run.