Hi.

How about first creating a MySQL table with columns 'md5', 'lat' and
'lng'.
'md5' will be a text type, 'lat' and 'lng' double type.

Now create the query string that your server will send to Google,
presumably something like:

$geocode_query='http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?
sensor=false&address=the_address_to_geocode';

Now create an md5 checksum of that query string using PHP's md5()
function:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.md5.php

Next query the database for a row with that md5 value.

No row in the database means you query Google and if the geocode
request is successful insert the result into the database.
Otherwise you can use the cached geocode result from the database.

Martin.