Continues to work with version 3.5, but switching to maps v=3.6 causes
failure. Changelog doesn't mention any relevant changes that I can
see.

I have overlay which is single png covering north america (20,-180) to
(90, -35). In attached link, it will appear as red, blue and yellow
lines. When zoomed out to zoom=1 and zoom=2, the lines are visible.
HOWEVER, if you physically shrink the browser window such that the map
display only North America, the lines disappear (with no change in
zoom). Widen the browser window and the overlay reappears.

Similarly, increase zoom lines disappear, zoom out, lines reappear.

Not a memory issue, because
a) this has been working correctly for a year or so & continues to
work correctly in v3.5
b) overlay disappears when you shrink the window size (presumably
using less memory).
c) fails in Safari, Firefox and Chrome on mac.

http://goo.gl/EMAOm

I'll see if I can dummy up a smaller test case, but is anyone else
having groundoverlay problems in v3.6?

-Peter