Thank you for the reply! Maps API v. 3.5 has the problem, but 3.4 is working
fine. I tried using 3.3 but I think it must have defaulted to the most
current, since 3.3 is no longer available. Something must have changed at
3.5. Looking through the change
log<http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/wiki/JavascriptMapsAPIv3Changelog>,

but I'm not sure what it might be.

I've got two versions of the page, the original link is v. 3.4 and the new
one is
3.5<http://internetwebappstest.bellevuewa.gov/surveycontroltest/agsTest35.aspx>for
 testing. The misalignment is not as frequent in 3.5 as it is in the
latest version. I have to zoom in and out quickly with the mouse wheel to
get it.

Thanks for the help! Helpful library, too!