Martin,

Thank you, this is very clear and I was able to code it easily. I was
looking for something a bit different, though. I originally wanted to
force the viewport to exactly match the lat/lon coordinates (so that
the map only shows the content within the bounds). I suspect that may
not be possible. I am interested if you have any thoughts on the
matter. In any case, I am grateful to your response, as it enabled me
to get a step closer.

LA