I am iterating through several polygons and happily setting their maps.  I
am now wanting to add an event listener to those polygons which will trigger
a function based on either its position within the MVC array or a variable I
can set.

I have tried :

  for (var i = 0; i < polygonArray.length; i++)
    {
new google.maps.event.addListener(polygon , 'click', anotherFunction(i));
    }

and

  new google.maps.event.addListener(polygon, 'click', function() {
   anotherFunction(i);
  });

however I have successfully achieved a similar solution by using an infobox
and adding, this means the user has to click the infobox label rather than
the actual polygon.

 boxText.innerHTML ="<div onclick='anotherFunction("+i+")'>"+Name+"</div>"

Any pointers in the right direction would be very gratefully received.

James