On Oct 13, 8:30 pm, 7heroes <s...@knowlittle.com> wrote:
> Hi Berry,
>
> Are you the author of the demo that Chris sent me? if yes, can you tell me
> where did you find the offset that equal 268435456? can it be use anywhere
> on Earth or just on the area that on your map?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam.

It is (1 << 28) which is (256 << 20) which is half the circumference
of the Earth in pixels at zoom level 21.  It is done to adjust the
origin from the Greenwich Meridian to the International Date Line.  It
does not wrap around correctly at zero.

Use:

    (x ^ x>>z<<z)

to cut off the high order bits.  For values relative to the center of
the map, it is OK.