After some minimal research, the issue seems to be relating to
anti-aliasing or smoothing.

In the previously working version, the streetnames in Streetview, aswell as
the arrows, did not seem to be anti-aliased, nor smoothed.

Now, they seem to be anti-aliased, and seem to be taking the whole document
along with it.
Even elements that are not within the streetview DOM object itself, like,
text in any divs somewhere else in the document, also seem to be 'smoothed'.

I have not (yet) been able to trace what css rules are being applied, and
where they are being applied, but I am reasonably confident to pinpoint this
as the culprit.

Can anyone else confirm?