On Nov 10, 9:34 am, Rossko <ros...@culzean.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> > Is there a limit to the west/east bounds of a ground overlay ?
>
> -180 and +180 are exactly the same place.  Logically, your overlay has
> zero width and cannot be seen.  Perhaps you could break it into two
> hemispheres.

Indeed, geographically it represents the same meridian, although it
would be a nice way to represent a full sphere (that's how it works in
GE at least). But that's not the real reason, because it already stops
to work at [-170; 170]. This is not ambiguous, as the bounds are
defined [lower left; upper right] so it can't be a 20 degrees texture
straddling the date change line.

Naturally I've tried to split the texture in two: [(-60, -180) (90,
0)] and [(-60, 0) (90, 180)]. It kinda works, but not consistently. If
the current viewport is showing most of one texture but a small part
of the other one (say the viewport longitude bounds are [-10; 100])
then only one texture is displayed but no the other one (the West one
in missing in this case). If you zoom out to level 0 or 1 to show the
entire world and back in, then you can force the other texture
(GroudLayer) to display; thereafter is is displayed correctly.

Sample: https://www.overlanding-tracks.appspot.com/