Infowindow can be a distraction at times. Also, if the UI design has
changed from the default, say, in a iPhone style by using custom info
windows overlay like the infoBubble, that default window will not
fit.
A very reasonable solution would be follow the path of
fusiontableslayer, in which case you can suppressInfoWindow, but
choose actions based on the data available in the click event.