@Rossko,

No, I don't think this is the desired behavior for a street that doesn't
even *exist*. There is no street, neighborhood, or premise with the name
"bullshit st" in most areas (of the United States, anyway).

This certainly was not the behavior 2 months ago.

I am not trying to use this it as an address verification service;
range_interpolated results are perfectly fine, and "APPROXIMATE" results
with a type of "neighborhood" or "premise" would also be fine.  (our code
wouldn't have handled it, but it does now thanks to Andrew's suggestion)

It seems perfectly reasonable for a non-existent address on a *real street*to
return "APPROXIMATE" results with a type of "route".

It does *not* make sense to return a type of "locality" when the data
entered does not match anything in the specified locality.

The expected behavior (indeed, the previous behavior) for this scenario was
to return ZERO_RESULTS.

I wish they hadn't changed this, but it seems that examining the type of
results is more reliable solution anyway.

Thanks for the help.

-Wes