Hi,

I try to load a KLM file with the german county borders into my map.
Somehow it seems the KML file doesnt load at all.
So I tried it with a very basic KML file and its still not working,
when I type in the URL of the KML file in the browser and open the map
with Google earth its working fine.

You can find the example at http://www.factfish.com/maps/maps.html
The simple map is at http://www.factfish.com/maps/simple.kml
The full map at
http://www.factfish.com/maps/germany_counties_full.kml or
http://www.factfish.com/maps/germany_counties_full.kmz

Any hint is appreciated, thanks!

Bernhard

PS: Here is the Code of the HTML page "maps.html"

<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?
sensor=false"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  function initialize() {
    // Somewhere in Germany
    var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(51.0, 10);
    var myOptions = {
      zoom: 6,
      center: latlng,
      mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
    };
    var map = new
google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map_canvas"), myOptions);

    var layer = new google.maps.KmlLayer('http://factfish/maps/
simple.kml');
    layer.setMap(map);
  }