I'm getting confused and frustrated trying to understand the new API
key scheme.
The V3 documentation really needs to be brought up to date to reflect
the recent usage / key 'features'.

What's to prevent some other developer from lifting my key from a page
and using it for their own site?

I gather that there may be some way to limit access to certain domains
- but I haven't found a definitive answer.

Like I said - maybe add a page to the API doco dealing specifically
with useage limits, keys, etc.

It may be  that all this already exists but I am so busy at the moment
that I don't have time for a hunt the wumpus session.

Flame off.  Resuming serene operations.  Hope everyone has a great
holiday season.