Hi -

  I can draw a circle on the map no problems.     What I want to do is set
the radius to the value entered into an input field.

  This all sounds pretty simple.

   function distanceChanged() {

        var val = $("#someinputfield").val();
        console.log(val);
        circle.set('radius', val);
        console.log(circle.get('radius'));
    }

 That does not change the circles radius.  The circle just disappears.
But in the console I get the value that was entered into the input field
for the circles new radius.    The value entered is always in meters.

  Now if I hard code the new radius value it works!    What am I missing?

 function distanceChanged() {
        circle.set('radius', 90000);
    }

 Why does coding an integer value work, but the value entered into the
input field does not?

 I'm a totally newb to google maps.   Sorry if this is easy  :)

 thanks