I just tried your map and it worked fine.
But as you point out, the problem is intermittent

Thanks for the posting a link to that issue.
I added my star since I work a lot with KML files.

I see that you are displaying 5 KML fils that are hosted at sonicop.
Maybe the problem is related to the speed/load of the sonicop server.

One way to test that would be to upload copies of the files to Google
Sites (fast servers, lots of bandwidth).  Also make a second version
of your program to display those duplicate files.  Then when you have
a  problem displaying the files from sonicop you could right away try
to display them from Google Sites.