If you go out half the distance and then return by backtracking on the
same route then you can do something similar to my V2 driving radius
example:
http://maps.forum.nu/gm_driving_radius.html

A round trip with a different return route is slightly more complex,
but you get the idea.

--
Marcelo - http://maps.forum.nu