have you found any resolution to this problem ?

I have the same problem with V3 API, where more then cca. 15 kml layers
couse the error "NetworkError: 414 Request-URI Too Large".
different kml layers are displayed with "new google.maps.KmlLayer( kml_url,
options)".

Every object (route or marker) is on its own kml layer, because it has to
get dynamicaly assigned event listener.
If i group more objects into single KML, i dont know how to manipulate
single object before displaying it on the map.

Tnx.
Emil