> It works for me on google
> maps:http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fwww.yarvolgar.com%2Fkml%2Ftr...

What I saw on both maps.google.com and on the OP's page was a
chequerboard effect, i.e. the KML renderer was serving some image
tiles but not others.
As that makes no sense, I would guess that the tiles are actually
coming from different Google tile servers (like ordinary map tiles
do).
Perhaps that points back to the KMZ file being served slowly; some
parts of Google's distributed service time it out and others scrape
by.

If that's true, what you see may well depend on where you live!