> 1. First of all are we allowed to modify the search results?

I don't believe Directions results are what Google means when it
refers to "search results" in the Terms 10.1.1.(d)
I would call Directions results 'Content', as is mentioned in 8.3.(a).

> Namely to change the
> duration (time) data get from Google in order to fit the data to buses

I don't think that is modification as such, you are creating
additional 'derived data' from Google's Content.  I would _think_ that
is fine, so long as attribution is clear and you are using it in
conjunction with as Google Map of some kind.

> 2. Are we allowed to use your Content (search results) for further
> calculation (e.g. calculating transportation/renting fees based on the
> distance  data?

It's not my Content; you are talking to other developers here, not
addressing Google's lawyers.
Google's Terms are published, for expert interpretation you need your
own lawyer.

'Taxi Fare' calculators have been discussed before.
http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-api/browse_thread/thread/ca9d0a64a694263c/af98179f0a79d844
note the distinction between offering estimates to the public, and
actually using Google's data to generate invoices.

(Using maps Content for scheduling or despatch is different matter,
though.)

> 3. Is it acceptable if we show the search results on the map
> behind a link? (E.g. a link like: “Show these results on the map” – so
> the user can decide whether to see it or not).

That does not seem to me to be in compliance with 10.1.1.(g) "No Use
of Content without a Google Map" as the map is nowhere to be seen