Barry,

Thanks so much for the quick response. I'm a non-dev looking for a
layperson's tutorial or an example that actually does this looping. What
part of the code does the looping? This will help me do some cutting and
pasting into what I've got so far.

I've gotten as far as creating a map that displays all of my POIs. Now, I'm
trying to figure out how to only pull the POIs that fall within the range
of the route and the box, and I just haven't been able to find a
walk-through or an example that is at my level of technical ability. Just
to see if I could do it, I added the RouteBoxer.js code to my existing map.
I also copied and pasted the code on the examples.html page in. When I do
this, no map is generated.

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated!

- KP

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:39:43 PM UTC-4, barryhunter wrote:

> The example on the documentation page
>
> http://google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/routeboxer/docs/examples.html
>

> shows how to loop though the 'boxes' retured from the boxer call.
>
> You would probably fire off a ajax request off to your server, which would
> perform a bounding box search, get the results. One search per box.
>
> The actual demo
>
> http://google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/routeboxer/examples/routeboxer-v3.html
>
> just calls drawBoxes with the list, you need a similar function.
>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM, KP \ wrote:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> Can you provide instructions for step 3? I have scoured the web for an
>> example of Routeboxer in action so that I can build a tool that will let
>> people map from "A" to "B" and find POIs within a certain distance. I've
>> copied the Google code and recreated it, but all I get is a map with a box
>> drawn on it.
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can provide!
>>
>> - KP
>>

>> On Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:19:35 PM UTC-4, michaeld42 wrote:
>>>

>>> Tejas,
>>>
>>> There must be a lot of different ways to do this, and the 'best' way
>>> would depend on a lot of different factors, but Routeboxer produces a
>>> set of LatLngBounds objects, so to use that I'd proceed as I already
>>> outlined above:
>>> 1. Use Routeboxer to get set of bounds
>>> 2. Get list of all markers from database