If you use the *computeHeading* feature of the geometry library, then you
should be aware that it does not work as described in the documentation.
The documentation for computeHeading states:  "Returns the heading
(expressed in degrees clockwise from north) from one LatLng to another
LatLng."

However, instead of returning bearings in the range 180 to 360,
computeHeading uses counterclockwise rotation and returns bearings in the
range *minus* 180 to zero.

Personally, I do not care how it works as long as the workings and
documentation are consistent.  After all, I can code for it either way.

Small test map:
http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/demo_maps/bearing_test_08.html

If this issue concerns you then please star the bug report I filed:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=4251&q=apitype%3AJavascript3&sort=-id&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Introduced%20Fixed%20Summary%20Internal%20Stars