On 1 August 2012 20:51, soum <somu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is not a term and condition but more like a fact. It explains the
> limitation of the map in ref to real time application. I don't see how you
> can work around that. Which part of the world are you trying to use that
> application for? if it is not a popular city or town where google has a lot
> of data you will run into this.

No, this is wrong. It's a condition: you *must* not use the Service in that way.

The reason is that Google gets data from providers who do have
turn-by-turn directions and who have specified that competing
products/application may not be implemented. I don't see how clicking
a "Refresh my position" button does not make it "real-time". If
anything, it makes it *more* real-time!

However, you *can* use the Service to show a route -- the query "How
do get from A to B?" could be run at any time and doesn't provide
real-time guidance. I did have the thought that that may mean that you
could recalculate your start point every so often, and display the
route on the map along with the first one or two of the text
directions "Head southeast on Smith Street for 140 yds. Take the first
left into John Street." When the user needs more, they could click a
button which recalculates "A" and gets the route to B from the new
start point, which is displayed in the same way. "Head east on John
Street for 500 yds. Take the third right into Brown Road."

Note: to do this, you will need a map which should show the whole
route A-B, because you are not using the entire textual content; and
you will need to specify sensor=true in your API call. I would also
recommend that -- because of the necessary interaction -- you get the
user to acknowledge that they will not use your app while travelling
in a vehicle, rather like satnav devices put up a warning not to alter
settings while the vehicle is moving.

BUT: again this may be baulked by being "synchronized to the position
of a user's sensor-enabled device." It looks like Google's suppliers'
lawyers have got it sewn up.