First question, what do you mean by "I know that I am using 2 different
styles of coding"?

Secondly, it's impossible to run your code.  If you view it using the link
above, it's trying to load /js/lib/dummy.js, /css/normalize.css
and /css/result-light.css but of course there is no way to find them, they
all 404
Where you are trying to load the maps API doesn't look
right http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&.js
Then it just stops executing!

You'll get  more help if you just post a LINK to where your map is so we
can see it working, or not working so we can see any errors.