{Also posted on Stack Overflow APIV3 section}

Our site works as designed with a minor but irritating problem. The problem
seems to occur only when the page is loaded on Firefox. I'm using Firefox
17.0.1. On all other tested browsers the load completes.

When loaded, the site displays the map, custom markers and everything else
that it is meant to but often the load doesn't complete, there is a message
saying "waiting for maps.googleapis.com". The only effect is the "waiting
for" message which is persistent. To refresh the page you have to first
cancel the original load and then reload. Looking at Firebug its appears
that a tile isn't completing it's load. The file that is waiting to
complete is alway:

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/StaticMapService.GetMapImage?1m2&1i15626&2i7568&2e2&3u6&4m2&1u1507&2u792&5m3&1e4&2b1&5sen-US&token=49261

Like I said, minor but irritating - some users have reported the site as
broken because they see the persistent "waiting for" message even though
everything works as designed.

Even though this may be a Firefox issue, I posted here to see if anyone
else is experiencing this and if any solutions exist.