Hi Enoch

Thanks for the reply. It’s probably best to look at the template map which is
used to generate the code for the user.

This is at http://www.mapchannels.com/venuemap/template/map.htm

The marker is set up in createMarker() at line 403 and the infoWindow is
displayed by showInfoWindow() at line 560.

I can strip down the code and send you a link tomorrow to a page with just the
one map and no street view.

I did try playing around with the creation order for the marker and info window
but the same problem happened.

It may be due to the fact that I’m not using Google Place IDs for the markers.
In lines 405 – 418 I have this code to set up the properties required for
markerOptions :

                // place information (location and name) for used by the Google
signed-in bookmarking service

                var placeInfo =

                {

                    placeId: null,

                    location: pt,

                    query: placeName

                };

                // Add Marker Attribution Information

                var attributionInfo =

                {

                    source: linkTitle,

                    webUrl: linkURL

                };

                var markerOptions =

                {

                    position: pt,

                    map: map,

                    icon: markerURL,

                    title: name,

                    place: placeInfo,

                    attribution: attributionInfo

                };

I’m guessing that there’s a different process for markers without a Google
Place ID and that is causing the bug.

It’s not a major issue but it would look a bit neater without the text flicker
when the info window is launched. It only ever happens the first time the info
window gets displayed.

Best Regards

Rob McMahon

www.mapchannels.com