down votefavorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36618860/google-maps-place-text-search-api-return-random-result#>

Hi all I am working on project in which I am using Google Maps JavaScript
API for text search. I have passed the following parameters in the request.
(Fiddle link: https://jsfiddle.net/simar5358/87gt5vys/5/)

var request = {
location: pyrmont,
radius: '8000',
type: "Food",
query: 'Indian Food'};

The response i get from google api can be seen in the console of fiddle
provided above.

My question here is, i am getting all random places in reults with names
like : Bombay Bar and Grill, Kaveri Madras Cuisine, Shalimar Restaurant
etc. Whereas i have only searched for places with name "Indian Food" in the
request.

Can someone please explain if there is something i am doing wrong? Also if
someone could explain how google is returning these results that would be a
great help.

Thanks