Hi;  I've been all over the Google Maps JavaScript API v3 online docs, and
Stackoverflow etc. and have not found a clear response to this question:

I'm new to using this JavaScript API and would be happy to select from any
standard set of Markers/Icons that Google has (besides the default red
marker pin) to mark multiple places on my maps...but I can't seem to find
any list that provides correct URLs and file names to that I can set
different marker types.

ie. in the line:

var pinImage = new
google.maps.MarkerImage("http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_pin_letter&chld=%E2%80%A2|"

+ pinColor,

...I cannot find any references to what else might be available at
http://chart.apis.google.com/  BESIDES "d_map_pin_letter"  (like, for
example is there a "blank_map_pin_letter" maybe?

The closest thing I've found
is: https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?dsrcid=308519#map:id=3  BUT
that only gives me the name of the icons it shows...it does not seem to
provide the correct URL to actually use these.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Am I just supposed to be
finding/collecting some icon images and hosting them in a folder on my site?

Any guidance for this newbie would be appreciated. Thanks!