Hey all,

The v3 API changes are being rolled out and many of the old Picasa Web
features are being removed, as  you mentioned.

https://developers.google.com/picasa-web/docs/3.0/releasenotes

Unfortunately, the v3 API doesn't add new Google Photos features or
support. For now we don't plan on adding support for all of the Google
Photos features in the Picasa Web API.

See "How is the Picasa Web Albums Data API related to Google Photos?"
https://developers.google.com/picasa-web/faq

As the v3 changes are rolling out, we're actively looking for situations
where functionality that we aren't planning to turn down is impacted.
Expect replies on some of the other threads on this forum soon.

The Picasa Team