As of this afternoon, I am still able to export from Lightroom, but not
able to create new Albums. I understand exporting directly from LR
functionality will go away as well eventually (through Picasaweb).  Does
anyone know if there have been any announcements to bring these functions
top Google photos? also, what is the rationale behind this? Security?
This is becoming a big issue using GP, may have to start looking at
alternatives. Any suggestions (besides amazon, flickr or apple)?