Hi T.G.,

I might be a bit biased, but I tend to believe that Google Translate
will give you higher quality Chinese to English translation than
Babylon does.
Of course no translation system is perfect, even human translators!
So you should always be careful interpreting translated text.

Now looking at that bove text, not knowing the original Chinese text,
the Google translation does seem like more understandable text than
the Babylon text.  That doesn't mean it's more accurate, but sentence
like:

"because recently I did not see the message that there was no
Internet"
compared to:
"because I do n't see it is not on the Internet mail"

The first seems to make the most sense to me, and it seems like your
friend was likely saying it took so long to get back to you because
they didn't see your message, due to not having access to the
internet.

Either way, I'm glad you're finding Google Translate helpful in
corresponding with your friend in China.

Best,
Josh Estelle
Senior Software Engineer
Google Translate

On Dec 12, 1:08 pm, hippod wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I translated a letter from a friend in China and basically got two
> different answers. I used the Google and this is what it said:
>
> Hello, good to meet you, Hing, I am sorry so long to get back to you,
> because recently I did not see the message that there was no Internet,
> the original is that you call me, ah, but I do not speak English, I
> will some very simple English, you are not in Fuzhou, ah? Now my city
> every day, cold rain, where you do the weather like? Note that body
> Oh, oh be careful cold ~ ~ ~ ~
>
>                              Chu: Happy every day
>                                   Good luck
>
> Then I used the Babylon system and got a very different translation,
> here is the Babylon:
>
> Hello, a good understanding of you, I am afraid you will be resumed so
> long, because I do n't see it is not on the Internet mail, telephone
> and beat me is that you, but I do not speak English, I will only be a
> simple English, are you in Fuzhou? I am now in the city every day so
> cold rain, you there, the weather? medical attention, oh, oh,
> carefully influenza ~~ ~~ I wish, BRIGHT AND GAY 10,000 success
>
> So which one am I supposed to go with.
>
> Thanks,
>
> T.G.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/google-translate-general?hl=en.

Reply via email to