Hi Vadim-
Re 1-
We haven't done a good job of explaining annotateSelection. It takes the
currently selected text and surrounds with an annotation, where the
annotation has a key and a value. You could use it in a few ways:
1) Use it to surround text with a key/value that the Google Wave client uses
for formatting. This sample surrounds text with key="style/backgroundColor"
and value="rgb(253,252,63)", and then the Wave client sees that and colors
the text yellow.
http://wave-samples-gallery.appspot.com/about_app?app_id=35019
<http://wave-samples-gallery.appspot.com/about_app?app_id=35019>2) Use it to
surround text with a key/value that your own robot uses. You could set a
custom key/value, find it, and then use that info to do something. Douwe
wrote an example that annotates a selection and then uses a robot to search
for the text of that on Google and link the text to the first result. That
sample is not yet uploaded.

Re 2-
On Wave preview, there is an extension settings wave that can be used to
install and uninstall extensions. The same thing does not exist on sandbox
at this time.

Re 3-
It can currently only insert an option into the "New Wave" menu. What other
menu were you thinking of adding to?

- pamela