"

Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate
people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could
be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.
"

They are still busy I suppose.  My Contacts did not receive invites either.
You might get more info on the wave.google.com site.

Cheers