Check your App Engine versions page - ensure the default is your
latest version...and change your capabilities.xml version if you've
changed the events the bot listens to. =)

My bot responds fine to 'BLIP_SUBMITTED' even when other bots are also
altering things (e.g. emoticon replacement).  Though I haven't
determined the order since all the blips were submitted by a user.