As I understand it, the sandbox is for developers to test their wave agents,
servers and whatnot. The preview (wave.google.com) is for users.
The sandbox should be a more bleeding-edge version of wave. As such, it'll
be less stable but things like federation should appear on the sandbox
first.

When I'm playing with robots, I test using the sandbox first. But all the
conversations that I care about are on wave.google.com.

-J